Rogers-Lakewood Park - Discovery Shelter
Subfacility of Rogers-Lakewood Park
- 2 extra Picnic Tables ($25.00 Add-on)
- Disc Golf Course
- Electrical Outlets
- Grill ($60.00 Add-on)
- Inflatable Bounce House ($160.00 Add-on)
- Inflatable Slide ($210.00 Add-on)
- Paddle Boat Rentals
- Picnic Areas
- Row Boat Rental
- Volleyball Standards
The Discovery Shelter is a large open sided shelter located on the North end of the park in Rogers Lakewood Park. This 122-acre park is one of Valparaiso’s premier facilities.
Whether your passion is hiking, biking, fishing, boating, picnicking, or simply catching a few rays in the sunshine, Rogers Lakewood provides something for every member of the family. Available activities and facilities include: disc golf course, Discovery Day Camp, hayrides and sledding.
At the Lakewood Park Store, rentals for rowboats, paddle boats, and fishing poles and bait. Snacks and drinks are available also. Cash only.
- Take the first left off the main road, just south of the Derby Downs Building
- Number of Picnic Tables Provided: 12
- Rental Fee for May 26 - September 5. : $152 or $140 with resident discount - this will include gate admission for all of your guests.
- Rental Fee for April 15 - May 26 and September 4 - November 5: $102 or $90 with resident discount.
- Rental Period: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Shelter has limited use during Discovery Day Camp session dates
- Inflatables may only be used if rented through the Valpo Parks Office
- Call the office to reserve the Discovery Day Camp Shelter 219-462-5144