Banta Senior Center is excited to announce that we will be reopening on Tuesday, May 4. Join us May 3 from 10:00am - 3:00 pm for our reopening event, where you can re-register, pick up the activities calendar, and learn about our new (temporary) hours and necessary protocols.
Virtual Presentation for proposed Adult Activity Center
Consultants from Deb Butterfield Communications, Inc and Abonmarche gave a draft presentation of their findings and recommendations for the proposed Adult Activity Center. Input from Park Board Members and the public was encouraged and took place on Wednesday, April 28th via a Zoom Webinar in order to begin preparing a final draft.
Recording of the Draft Presentation can be found here:
Banta is an enrichment center where adults aged 50 and older can participate in a variety of activities, hot meals, and a connection to education on community resources and make friends! To participate in the multiple opportunities this facility offers Seniors, you must be a member at the current rate of $4.00 per month paid annually or quarterly (prorated). We are always stretching and growing members and activities!
Banta Senior Center offers all the following by Volunteers who choose to help lead activities.
- Fitness Room with various conditioning machines and free weights
- Various Exercise: Pilates, Qi Gong, Reformers, Theraband, Exercise with DVD-Richard Simmons and more. Many with certified/qualified trainers
- Quiet corners to sit and read with coffee
- Sing-a-longs with piano accompaniments
- Line Dancing
- Sewing machines available to do mending or start quilting
- Painting Class
- Banta has a “Knit Wits” group who enjoy knitting and crocheting items that are donated to various organizations for children/families in need
- Retiree Group Meeting
- Aging Support Group
- Lunch & learns coming up to offer education on Senior resources
- The Banta Center is utilized as a site that offers Seniors Flu shots and a community Voting site
- The Center also rents the Multi-purpose room with kitchen and restroom access for family/group functions
Banta is a Northwest Indiana Community Action nutrition site that serves hot, nutritious lunches Monday - Friday at 11:15 a.m. Lunches are complimentary to anyone 60 and older, though a voluntary contribution of $1.50 is suggested. Reservations for the lunches must be made at least two business days ahead by calling 219-462-1301. You do not have to be a Banta Senior member to partake in the lunch program.