May 21, 2020 4:45 PM
COVID-19 Update 5/21/2020
Because the safety of our customers and staff is Valpo Parks highest priority, we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds. We are taking additional steps with cleaning procedures at our facilities.
As a response to Governor Holcomb’s Executive Order released on Thursday, May 21, the Valpo Parks with the support of City Leadership and the Park Board has updated the reopening plan.
Please keep in mind the below is subject to change based on CDC guidelines and other new information. Additionally, specific restrictions will be applied to each stage and each activity or program based on further guidance.
Additionally, specific restrictions will be applied to each stage and each activity or program based onfurther guidance.
For continued updates, please visit our website at ValpoParks.org. We will release any changes to this plan as updates arise. Thank you and please continue to stay safe.
• Parks and pathways are open.
• Playgrounds will remain closed until further notice.
• Park restrooms will open when activities are scheduled at those parks.
• Porter Health Amphitheater restroom will be open from 8am - 10pm; 7 days a week.
• Basketball courts will open half court at Tower Park on Saturday, May 23. All other basketball courts will open the week of May 25.
• All other hard surface courts (tennis and pickleball) will open on Friday, May 22.
• Sports fields will open on Friday, May 22 to practice only. Bleachers will remain closed.
• Sports games and leagues will begin no earlier than June 14.
• Fitness Equipment located at Fairgrounds Park will remain closed until further notice.
• Social gatherings of up to 100 people will be allowed on Friday, May 22. All indoor and outdoor rentals will continue to follow CDC social gathering guidelines.
• Banta Activity Center will remain closed until further notice.
• Central Park Plaza special events will begin on Tuesday, June 2 with Farmers Market.
• Rogers-Lakewood Park gate and park store will open on Sunday, May 24.
• Splash pad at Central Park Plaza will remain closed until further notice.
• Discovery Cottage Preschool is closed until further notice.
• Discovery Day Camp will begin on July 6.
• Creekside Golf Course and Training Center and Forest Park Golf Course are open with modifications. Please visit Valpo Parks Golf Facebook page for updates.
• Community Garden opened on Saturday, May 16.
• ValPAWraiso Dog Park opened on Wednesday, May 20.
• Valpo Velocity bikeshare is currently suspended.
• The Park Admin Office will remain closed to the general public through May 31 unless an appointment is scheduled. For general inquires related to registrations or scheduling, email Jane Grennes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Start dates for future events and programs will be announced as they become available.
If additional information on other City of Valparaiso government closures or changes, please visit the link below.