ValPAWraiso Dog Park
Welcome to Valpo Park’s newest addition, ValPAWraiso Dog Park! This dog park spans over 2 acres while featuring a large dog area and a separate small dog area, pavilions in each area, concrete pathways into each area and a plaza complete with PAW print bricks and archway. The second phase coming fall of 2020 will feature an irrigation system, a restroom, drinking fountains for both humans and dogs, as well as a paw wash!
ValPAWraiso Dog Park has reached our max number of memberships!
If you didn’t get a chance to sign up, we have created a wait list. If you are interested, shoot us an e-mail at ValPAWraiso@valpo.us or give the Valpo Parks office a call at (219) 462-5144
|*12 months from date of purchase. Phone app access included with
membership, physical key card available upon request. Membership
will be suspended if vaccinations become out of date.
|Extra Dog||$10 (Annual)|
|Access Card Replacement||$10|
|Day Pass (Please allow 24-hour approval. Approvals occur only during standard business hours.)||$5|
|*Membership rates subject to change|
Beginning your membership is easy! We just need a few things from you.
- Complete online ValPAWraiso Membership
Membership must be submitted under owners name
- Submit vaccination records, waiver of liability and photo release forms
Vaccination records can be uploaded online or fax to Valpo Parks, 219-465-0098. Records must have expiration dates.
- Payment – Annual fee (see membership tab for details)
Pay via phone, in person or online.
All forms must be submitted before access to the dog park is given.
For the safety and enjoyment for your dogs and yourself, please follow the following rules:
- Use park at your own risk.
- No dogs without people. No people without dogs.
- If your dog gets in a fight, exchange contact information and leave the park. You are responsible for any injury caused by your dog.
- Watch your dog at all times. Discourage barking and digging.
- If your dog digs a hole, fill it in.
- Dog must wear a collar or harness in the park at all times.
- Clean up after your dog.
- No aggressive dogs. Do not let your dog pester or mount other dogs. Watch for signs of aggression. Aggressive dogs must be removed from the park immediately.
- No dogs in heat. Closely monitor un-neutered males.
- Dogs must be registered with Valpo Parks and be immunized.
- Dog handlers must be 16 years of age. Bring children at your own risk. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No glass containers. Use caution and judgement when bringing food into the park.
- Dog must be leashed while entering and exiting the transition area.
- Please do not tie dogs to fence.
- No skateboards, bikes and/or scooters allowed in the fenced in area.
Please report any facility issues to the Valpo Parks office (219) 462-5144.
Are there any rules?
Yes. Please see the rules tab above.
Is the ValPAWraiso Dog Park open to everyone?
The ValPAWraiso Dog Park is open to everyone, however a membership is required. We strive to make our memberships affordable enough that all residents and non-residents are able to enjoy the off-leash dog park.
Where is the ValPAWraiso Dog Park located?
2902 Campbell Street. It’s where our Horticulture Center is located and the property of the former Clifford Stone Company. Corner of Vale Park Rd. and Campbell Street.
Are shot records required?
Yes, vaccinations are required. Please see the Requirements tab above. If your vaccinations expire during your membership, access will be suspended until updated records are submitted.
What shots are required?
At minimum, all dogs must have rabies, distemper and bordetella vaccinations.
Why is there a membership fee?
The annual membership fee is to help maintain the park and keep the amenities to the standard of which we strive for with our facilities.
Help, I lost my ValPAWraiso Dog Park gate key card!
Please contact the Valpo Parks administration office if your electronic gate key card has been lost or stolen. Please note that a $10 fee applies to receive a replacement key card.
Can my dog run off leash?
Yes, inside the park only. Must be on a leash from your vehicle to the gated entry.
When will I receive my access code?
Instructions from our access control system, OpenPath, will be sent to your email on file once your membership has been approved. If you would like a physical access key card please visit the Valpo Parks Administration office.
What is considered aggressive play?
Constant nipping at another dog’s neck, pouncing on another animal, or other such behaviors may trigger a fight and is disrespectful to the owner and the animal
What is the age limit to bring your dog?
Dog handlers must be 16 years of age. Bring children at your own risk. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
What if I sign up and my dog doesn’t like it? Will I get a refund?
If this is a new experience for your dog, it may take a few trips to the dog park for him/her to adjust. We will not give refunds on any membership, however, you are welcome to try the Day Pass to try out the facility. If you and your dog love the park, the $5 Day Pass fee will be credited towards your annual membership within the month of purchase.
Can I rent for a private event?
At this time we are not renting the park for private events.
I need to report something or someone. Who can I contact?
Please use your best judgement when deciding on who to contact in any specific situation.
- For emergencies, call 911.
- For non-emergency situations, phone the Valparaiso Police non-emergency line at (219) 477-3000.
- For park-specific issues or concerns about other members, please email ValPAWraiso@valpo.us or call the admin office during office hours (219) 462-5144.
2902 Campbell Street, Valparaiso, IN 46385
Open Wednesday - Monday*
May – September, Dawn to Dusk
October – April, Dawn to 7pm
*Closed Tuesdays for maintenance until further notice
Call the Valpo Parks office to register your furry friends!
Phone: (219) 462-5144
Fax: (219) 465-0098
Paw Print Bricks
Purchase an engraved brick for your beloved family pet! These bricks will be placed in the plaza of the park entrance and benefit the dog park’s future amenities. Installation of bricks occur every October.