Online Registration only through August 9 . Registration is available in person at the Butterfield Family Pavilion on Friday, September 7 only from 3:30-6:30 p.m., and race day (September 8) at the race tent 6-7 a.m. For help or questions, please email Race Director, Dan Lukes.
As is tradition, we will offer the 5-mile run and now we will offer a NEW 5-kilometer (3.1 miles) run as well! This annual race offers a challenging course and a scenic tour of Valparaiso. You're invited to race as an individual or as a team - sign up with your family, co-workers, or school.
- Day / Time: Saturday, September 8 at 7:30 a.m. CT
- Location: Downtown Valparaiso - Washington Street and Lincolnway
Register by August 9: $30
- Register After August 9: $35
- Register After September 8: $40
- Team Fee: $10
- RETURNING FOR 2018!! We will be offering a new Middle School Competition. The Middle School which has the highest number of participants will receive a traveling trophy and a donation to their school's athletic department! For more details, email Dan.
Packet Pick up
Pick up early at Extra Mile on East Lincolnway on Wednesday and Thursday, September 5 & 6 from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Pick-up is also available Friday, September 7 at Butterfield Family Pavilion from 3:30-6:30 p.m.
Races for 2 to 9 year olds: Lit'l Kernel Puff Race info and registration.
Please note, Popcorn Panic has a non-duplication of awards policy. A participant who finishes in the top 3 overall in either the run or walk event does not qualify to win an individual age group plaque.
View some of the photos from past years Popcorn Panic races.
We are always looking for more partners to aid either monetarily or through donating their time. If your company or your group would you like to volunteer, donate or help sponsor the race, please contact the parks department for more details!
Thank you to our 2018 Popcorn Panic Sponsors: AM Stabilizers, Athletico Physical Therapy, Brown Tire, NITCO, Scannell Wealth Management, Goodbrother's Painting, Extra Mile Fitness Company, Puntillo & Crane, Aldi Inc., Currie Motors and Urschel Labs